Meet Zeb! He is a sweet, fun-loving, 2-3 year old, 18 pound rat terrier mix. Here are some fun facts about Zeb:
- Takes some time to warm up to new people, but once he does, he is a total sweetheart and very compliant.
- Submissive and gets along with other dogs, big and small. Can be apprehensive of other male dogs at first meeting.
- Attaches quickly to people, seeks out attention and kisses, follows his foster mom around.
- Always ready for adventure, be it a jaunt around the neighborhood, playing in the yard, or going for a hike.
- Otherwise is happy to sun himself in the yard and hang out around the house with dogs or people.
- House trained (only had one “accident” on his first day in a new home).
- Goes readily to his bed or crate on command.
- Walks nicely on a leash, could benefit from some additional leash training as he sometimes pulls. Rides well in the car.
- Knows “sit”, “down”, “go to your bed”, and possibly other commands.
- Plays fetch, likes to tease you when he brings the ball back; likes to play with soft toys.
- Takes treats with a soft mouth. Shares food with other dogs.
- Minimal barking (only to warn)
- Low maintenance, soft and lovely short coat with piebald pattern and speckling.
- Did well with his first bath and nail trimming. Very little to no shedding.
- Can be left at home or in the yard, without any separation anxiety.
- Preferably would be an only dog with lots of human attention; could also do well in a home with one other dog
- Should go to a home with dog experience, adults and older children.
- Like most rescue dogs, he will need a few days to decompress and get situated in a new home before his personality blossoms