- Transport Volunteers: To/From vet & spay/neuter appointments, shelter freedom rides are needed daily! Drives between SF Bay Area - East Bay - North Bay - South Bay - Modesto - most common routes. Must have a Valid CA DL. Position is on call.
- Foster/Adoption Counselors: 100% remote (2 hours / week, minimum 2 interviews a week). Review applications, conduct zoom calls or phone calls w/ potential adopters and fosters. Must have experience fostering and or volunteering / working in shelters / rescues. Relevant experience in the dog industry or rescue/shelter world.
- Fundraising / Event Volunteers: We participate in numerous events every year; often held in collaboration with local businesses such as breweries or restaurants. We need volunteers to help handle animals, and interact with participants (preferably volunteers familiar with our program or who can commit to 3+ events/year). Some people raise money for RTU independently then donate to the cause. Fundraising ideas for individuals/kids: lemonade/cookie stands, host an online auctions, yard sale, birthday giving, office/classroom giving, canned food or toy drives.
- Training: are you a trainer, or just starting in the field and looking for more experience? We need help with dog assessments at shelters; dog to dog introductions for animals in our program; assisting w/ dogs that need a little extra help. Must have reliable vehicle, and relevant experience. (1-3 hrs/week, varies).
- Photographer/Videographer: Professional or passionate amatuer? We need help capturing the hearts and spirits of these animals looking for homes. Our adoptable dogs are marketed online and people often decide whether or not they are interested in adopting based solely on pictures and videos. Fun snippets/opportunities for videography and promotion of RTU/Animal Rescue needed! EVENT Photographers also needed.
- Graphic Design: Help design merchandise (Tees, stickers, logos, sweatshirts, hats), promotional material, advertisements, flyers and more!